Community Amenity Contribution
1265 is located at the base of a condominium tower in downtown Vancouver and was created as a Community Amenity Contribution ("CAC"), a process whereby developers received increased density in exchange for providing community assets. The project is the first where 221A has worked directly with the City of Vancouver long-term allocation of state subsidies—making the Society an active agent for both the delivering community benefits and the concomitant critical examination of CAC's as urban land tools that operate with the assumption that the its benefits will in part offset the deleterious effects of land value speculation.
Tenancy at 1265 Howe St
Artist Studios tenancy will be considered through an application process with a peer-reviewed committee. Details about Artist Studios tenancy applications will be available in August 2019.
Tenancy Questions – Sungpil Yoon, Tenancy Relations Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
General Facilities Questions – Stephan Wright, Head of Facilities & Production email@example.com
1265 will be managed based on a cost-recovery model that will set rental rates for artist studios according to the overall cost of operating the facility.
- August 20, 2017 – City of Vancouver Council Report identifying selection of 221A.
- July 2019 – 221A Anticipation to Receive Occupancy & Begin Fixturing Period
- July–August 2019 – Call for Tenancy for Artist Studios and Production Space
- September 2019 – Jury Process and Selection of Tenants
- October 2019 – Sub-tenancy Begins