Due: July 15, 2018
221A is seeking Letters of Interest from non-profit art, culture or social service collectives or organizations to operate a 1,200 square foot storefront unit at 236 E Pender St. Formerly used by UNIT/PITT Projects as an art gallery, the space will be available for sublease beginning September 1, 2018. Through the assistance of the City of Vancouver DTES Capital Grants, 221A will be making upgrades to the functionality of the space prior to occupancy, including updated storefront glazing and security with additional upgrades to the common areas of the facility in winter 2018 and spring 2019.
236 E Pender Street is a 9,000 square foot property leased by non-profit organization 221A, that is shared by approximately 22 artist studios and a storefront commercial space. The building is located in Chinatown and is operated through a gross-rate cost-recovery model. This model sets the rental rates based on the expectation that the total revenue from the building recovers the total rent, property taxes and operating expenses from the building.
- 1,200 square feet + 450 square feet of proportionate common area
- 14’ ceilings
- $2,200 per month including all rent, property taxes, utilities, waste and recycling management,
- facility repairs and maintenance and cleaning professionals.
- As a registered Canadian charitable organization, 221A is not required to collect GST on real property, therefore, subtenants are not charged GST.
- A letter, no more than 2 pages, including the mission and history of your collective or organization,
- describing the operating hours and use of the space, and outlining your financial capacity.
- Sublease agreements are made for a minimum of 1 year terms.
- Rent and operating costs are paid on the first of the month by way of pre-authorized debit agreements.
- Send your submission in one PDF file to email@example.com by July 15, 2018
For more information about 221A please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 604 568 0812. For inquiries about the Call for Letter of Interest please ask for Sungpil Yoon, Coordinator, Tenancy Relations or email email@example.com.