221A is seeking residential tenants for 30 non-market housing units for low and modest income artists and their families at 187 E 3rd Ave, located in Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant neighbourhood. The facility is owned by the City of Vancouver and operated by 221A Artist Housing Society (a newly established sister organization to 221A) in collaboration with the Community Land Trust
- Application Form
- Housing Income Limits (HILs)
- below $55,500 – studio/1 bed
- below $67,500 – 2 bed
- Application Due Date: Oct 15, 2021
- Occupancy start date: Dec 1, 2021
- Virtual Info Sessions: Oct 5, 12-1 PM & Oct 6, 6-7 PM
- Info Session Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 units of housing between levels 3 to 5:
- 13 studios units (one of which is accessible)
- 15 one-bedroom units (one of which is accessible)
- 2 two-bedroom units
- Monthly rents range from $467 to $1,556, which include housing charges no more than 30% of monthly income (averaged over 3 years) plus proportional share of amenity usage costs
- Amenities include a rooftop outdoor space with children’s play area, and shared laundry facilities on each floor
- Underground secured bicycle parking and limited vehicle parking (at an additional cost)
- Access to a shared production space
Eligible applicants are artists and their families with total household income at or below Housing Income Limits (below $55,500 for studio or 1 bedroom units, and $67,500 for 2 bedroom units). Following an eligibility review, housing tenants will be selected through a lottery process.
221A AHS will prioritize applications from members of the following designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged from accessing resources within the cultural sector: Black and/or African-Canadian, Indigenous, and racialized people; people living with disabilities; people who are deaf or hard of hearing; Two-spirit, queer, trans, and non-binary people. Special consideration is also given to applicants with housing needs based on a combination of their income, current housing costs and housing conditions.
Please see the information page for more information about the facility and units, eligibility, and the application process.