Part-Time, 20 hours per week
Primary Job Location: 221 E Georgia St., Vancouver, British Columbia.
Printable Job Posting: PDF
221A is seeking applications for the role of Admin Assistant. The Admin Assistant will support the organization in financial processing, records management and communications administration. The incumbent will be highly reliable and organized, demonstrating strong communications skills, time management and attention to detail. The candidate will have a history of involvement with and awareness of the non-profit art and cultural sector.
Education: Secondary education. Post-secondary education in visual art, art history, design, communications or a related field considered an asset.
Experience: Working in nonprofit sector, art, culture and community stewardship considered an asset.
Specific Capacities: Experience with Quickbooks or Bookkeeping Software; exceptional proficiency with Mac OS, Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets, Microsoft Office / Google Docs, WordPress CMS; excellent time management skills; proven ability to work collaboratively; Typing speed of 60+ words per minute.
Language: English proficiency. Second language fluency considered an asset.
Work days are typically 6 hours per day. Candidates must be comfortable with flexibility in their work schedule and self-reporting hours. The Admin Assistant is entitled to one hour of time for lunch and breaks; frequently works collaboratively with staff; is exposed to noise and regular flow of people from the office environment and public participants; and is assigned tasks and deliverables, as determined by changing priorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
General Administrative Support
- Meeting support
- Bookkeeping preparation
- Budget Tracking, Data Entry
- Donor and Membership Administration
- Human Resources Support
- Petty cash management
- Insurance administration
- Audit support
Contracts and Procurement Support
- Artist Agreements
- Service Agreements
- Sublease Contracts
- Facility Rental Agreements
- Community Events Agreements
- Membership Applications
- Invoices (Grants, Contracts, Services, Co-Productions)
- Receiving Payments (Pre-authorized Debit, Cheque, Paypal, E-transfer, Wire Transfers, Credit Card, Cash)
- Deposit Slips
- Receipts & Charitable Tax Receipts
- A/R Reconciling
- Payments (Credit Card, Cheque, Wire Transfers, Paypal)
- Reimbursement Administration
- A/P Reconciling
Filing and Records Management
- Regulatory Filing (BC Society Annual Filing, support for Charity Information Return, Business License Renewals, Tax support)
- Policy and Governance Filing (Conflict of Interest Declarations, Policies, Minutes, Motions)
- Records Management (Filing Cabinet, Server System, Cloud Services)
- Website and mailing list support (WordPress, Mailchimp)
- Inter-office platform administration (Slack, Trello, Todoist, Google Business Services)
- Listservs (group communications emails, segmented mailing list)
- Emergency contact lists
221A is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental ability or financial ability. While remaining alert and sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, 221A has a special concern with the participation and advancement of members of four designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment: women, racialized peoples, indigenous peoples and persons living with disabilities.
Send your cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
Please use the following “[Full Name], Application for Admin Assistant” in the Subject Line.
All applicants will be informed of the receipt of their application within 72 hours of submission. Please do not inquire regarding the status of your application unless you have not received an acknowledgement of submission.
Unfortunately, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.